Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Creativity and New Media

New media tools such as Bitmoji allows user to creatively put together an avatar that reflects what they see in each other and how they perceive themselves. The picture provided is a Bitmoji avatar of how others recognize me as an animated character. It took me a couple tries to get to the avatar where my sister says, yes, it looks like me. The process is self discovering because the face shape I thought I have did not reflects how others see me. And I choose that specific Bitmoji with breakfast because I love to have brunch, and I believe in breakfast is the most important meal of the day. 

Before I found out about Bitmoji, I also tried to achieve the same with traditional ways such as self portrait done by me, and portraits of me by my friends, as well as a paid street artist. The difference is time consumption and the ease to make even minor changes make the portraits request little too much to ask from. And with Bitmoji, we were able to laugh about it, make fun of each other's avatar because it's that easy to make changes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment